Monday, March 4, 2013

White Elephant Sale

photo from the SF Chronicle

It was so much fun going to the White Elephant Sale in Oakland. My work sent me and another co-worker to go and buy art for the gallery. I felt honored that my bosses respect my taste enough to send me off to purchase things for them. I haven't been at work to see their reactions about the 20 pieces I picked out for them but I did get a sweet text. They said they were impressed and that I did a fantastic job! Yessss!

I also felt great when my co-worker and I were walking around the sale with stacked paintings under our arms. People kept complimenting us on the pieces we found, and some of them tried to trade with us. This made me feel confident about my choices. And, if the people at the W.E.S liked my pieces, then our clients will too. This was also the first time people (outside of my family) to say "You must work in the art business!". Eeeeek! I do! Finally!

The whole thing was kind of wild because it was the very last day of the sale. Luckily, that meant everything was half off so we were able to buy much more. Sweet! i was even able to find a nice painting for myself. Actually, a lot of the pieces I picked out for the gallery I want for myself but....I don't know what to do about it. I just wish I knew about it sooner so I could have gone during the Preview Sale, though. Oh well, maybe next year!









No comments:

Post a Comment