Thursday, January 24, 2013

RxArt

Very excited about my birthday gift from my friend Dana. She got me a coloring book zine filled with contemporary artists from all around the world. It's called "Between The Lines" by a non-profit art organization, RxArt.

Their mission statement is interesting and very inspiriting to me. Basically, RxArt was created to provide original art for people in in-patient, procedure, examination rooms in hospitals. Their mission is to improve those environments/ situations through contemporary art and to "promote healing and inspire hope to patients, families and staff".

Well I thought Girls Boom Box was the first to think of a coloring book zine, but I'm actually glad this zine exists through a non-profit organization. I myself have spent lots of time in outpatient and in-patient hospitals during my treatment and something like this (or any art in general) would have definitely cheered me up. Anyways, Thank you Dana and I can't wait to color in my new zine!

Here is a link to the zine if you want to order it. I have volume 3, but there are more.
PS, It also comes with stickers ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment